A lot of people fail to realize just how easy it is to make delicious dressings and dips at home. By doing so, you can avoid many nasty additives and preservatives in store bought dressings, even the so-called “natural” ones.
I created this super easy “mock” caesar dressing recipe when we were on the GAPS (Gut and Psychology Syndrome) diet. On the diet, store bought dressings are not allowed, and many ingredients are limited. I wanted something super simple to make with ingredients that I almost always have on hand.
I call it “mock” caesar dressing because it doesn’t match a lot of the caesar dressing recipes out there, but to me it tastes nearly identical to caesar dressing. Your mileage may vary, but I think you will like it either way.
Learn how to make the homemade yogurt for this recipe.
If you like the recipe, please share!
1/2 cup homemade yogurt (recipe here)
1/4 tsp garlic powder (get it here)
1/2 tsp celtic sea salt (get it here)
2 tsp finely grated REAL parmesan cheese
- Place all of the ingredient in a mason jar. Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon. Alternatively, you can blend the ingredients using a blender or food processor.
Make Salad Dressing Affordable and Nutritious
Making your own salad dressing at home can save you money and it can also add more vital nutrients and probiotics to your family’s diet. That’s why I highly recommend Simply Salads by Kristen Michaelis. Not only will it help you to understand why store bought salad dressings are so bad for us (can we say unhealthy refined oils? yuck!), but she gives you tons of recipes for simple homemade salad dressings and salads that you can feel good about feeding to your family.
What’s Included in the Simply Salads Ebook:
- 28 Dressings & Condiments – Simple. Easy. Super tasty. With these recipes for homemade dressings and condiments, your taste buds will never be bored again.
- 99 Pages of Salad Recipes – You’ll never have to open a bag of pre-mixed salad greens again. Eat adventurously!
- Healthier Versions of Classics – Enjoy Ranch, Thousand Island, Caesar, and Blue Cheese? These probiotic-rich recipes are devoid of nasty additives or hidden MSG!
- Tantalizing New Dressings – Get recipes for Coconut Almond Dressing, Roasted Roma Vinaigrette, Avocado Ranch Dressing, Raspberry Chipotle Dressing, and many more.
- Salads for the Whole Year – Dozens of recipes, including: Mango Cherry Salad with Raisins, Kohlrabi Slaw with Dried Cranberries, Sweet Potato Salad, Curried Chicken Salad, and more!
Sounds great right? Get it Here.
This post featured at Savoring Saturdays.
You Might Also Like...
Latest posts by Vanessa Pruitt (see all)
- 8 Ways to Detox Your Mind: Get Rid of Mental Clutter and Negativity - March 22, 2017
- How I Lost 60 lbs on the Keto Diet: Before and After - March 9, 2017
- Best Detox Smoothies for Weight Loss - March 8, 2017