This soup is light and a treat for all seasons. It’s simple, without a lot of extras, and the perfect recipe to use up the fresh carrots from your garden.
Makes about 4-6 small servings.
(1) 14 oz can reduced-sodium chicken broth
8 to 10 small carrots, tops trimmed, scrubbed, halved lengthwise and cut in half crosswise. (chop smaller if desired.)
(1) 12 oz can carrot juice
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Sour cream and chopped green onion for garnish (if desired)
- Boil the chicken broth in a large saucepan. Add carrots. Bring to a boil again and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for approximately 7 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Add carrot juice and hot pepper sauce. Heat thoroughly (but do not boil.) Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Serve in individual bowls. Garnish with sour cream and green onion if desired
photo used under creative commons by shaynabright
You Might Also Like...
Latest posts by Vanessa Pruitt (see all)
- 8 Ways to Detox Your Mind: Get Rid of Mental Clutter and Negativity - March 22, 2017
- How I Lost 60 lbs on the Keto Diet: Before and After - March 9, 2017
- Best Detox Smoothies for Weight Loss - March 8, 2017