Here's a quick and easy potato soup recipe that's also easy on the budget! It almost always makes it on my frugal meals menu and it's a hit with the whole family. I think your family will love it, too.
Here's just a few tips when making this recipe:
- I don't skin the potatoes because the skin adds extra nutrition, but you are welcome to skin them if you like.
- Where I live, organic celery and carrots are not that much more expensive than conventional, so you might consider buying organic!
- I personally use more celery salt than the recipe calls for, as that's what my family likes. Taste your soup as you're adding the spices and keep adding them until you get it to your liking. Just be careful when adding the salt and celery salt, as it's also easy to make it too salty.
- You can buy organic celery salt, onion powder, and garlic powder.
2-3 lbs gold yukon potatoes, cubed
4-5 carrots, chopped
4-5 celery, chopped
Approx. 4 cups milk
Approx. 4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
1 tbsp celery salt
1 tsp each onion and garlic powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
Boil the potatoes, carrot, and celery in water until soft. Drain. Put back on the stove and add half milk and half chicken broth until covering the veggies. Add onions. Heat on medium and add add spices, salt, and pepper to taste.
Nutritional information has been calculated using best knowledge. The accuracy of this information cannot be guaranteed.
Latest posts by Vanessa Pruitt (see all)
- Keto Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding Recipe - February 2, 2018
- 5 Surprising Benefits of Exercise on the Keto Diet - August 23, 2017
- Healthy Homemade “Mock” Caesar Dressing Recipe - August 13, 2017