Have you struggled with making a whole wheat pizza dough at home that your family will love? This pizza with a recipe for whole wheat crust is quick and easy!
The dough uses only the simplest ingredients, and it only needs to rest for 5 minutes before you pop it in the oven.
You can have a delicious pizza with whole wheat crust, baked and on the table in under 40 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 2 pizzas
4 1/2 to 5 cups of white whole wheat flour
4 1/2 tsp yeast
1 tsp salt
2 cups of warm water
4 tablespoons of oil
6 ounces pizza sauce or tomato sauce
8-12 ounces mozzarella and/or cheddar cheese, shredded
Mrs Dash garlic and herb seasoning
desired pizza toppings, precooked
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease or oil two large cookie sheets (I use two sheet cake pans).
- In a large bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups flour, yeast, and salt. Stir until combined. With a wooden spoon, mix in oil and warm water all at once. Stir for a minute until well combined.
- Add the rest of the flour 1 cup at a time, until a soft dough is formed that is not sticky. You probably will NOT need all of the flour. Stop adding flour as soon as the dough is no longer sticky. Too much flour will make your dough too dry. It's better to have a dough that is slightly sticky than a dough that is too dry. Knead the dough gently until the dough is round and smooth. Don't knead too much!
- Place a towel over the dough and let it rest for 5 minutes. Oil your hands and divide the dough in half. Place each half on a cookie sheet and gently spread the dough so that it covers the bottom of the sheet, pressing together any holes.
- Parbake the crusts for 10-15 minutes until the dough is cooked through but still soft.
- Remove the crusts from the oven. Spread half of the sauce on each crust, and sprinkle with the seasoning. Top them with your desired toppings and cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes or so until the cheese is melted and the toppings are heated through. Cool for a few minutes before serving.
I’m sure that this pizza dough may be frozen. Please let me know if you try it, or if you have any tips or tricks for doing that!
This particular pizza that I made was topped with beef and fresh chopped mushrooms. I sauteed the mushrooms with the beef as it was browning.
What are your favorite pizza toppings?
Like Us On Facebook
Grab a Button
Join Our Blogroll