Hummus is made from chickpeas and is an excellent source of protein. There are an endless number of options for making hummus, so it’s easy to make a dip that will appeal to all ages.
I adapted this Hummus recipe from several Red Pepper Hummus recipes, because red pepper can sometimes be harder to find and more expensive than green peppers. You can certainly make this recipe with any variety of pepper or onion.
This recipe also takes advantage of the healing properties of garlic, and may help fight off a cold or infection.
1 small green bell pepper
4 garlic cloves
2 teaspoons peanut oil
2 cups pre-cooked or 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the bell pepper and garlic.
- In a blender of food processor, blend chickpeas, oil, garlic, and pepper.
- Transfer dip to a bowl. Salt and pepper to taste, stirring with a spoon.
- Serve as a dip with vegetables, pita bread, pita chips, etc.
You Might Also Like...
Latest posts by Vanessa Pruitt (see all)
- 8 Ways to Detox Your Mind: Get Rid of Mental Clutter and Negativity - March 22, 2017
- How I Lost 60 lbs on the Keto Diet: Before and After - March 9, 2017
- Best Detox Smoothies for Weight Loss - March 8, 2017