Use up the leftover rice in your fridge by making it into a quick and easy breakfast or lunch.
Eggie rice cups are simple. All of the ingredients can be tossed together in minutes and cooked to perfection in the oven.
Best of all, you can mix and match the ingredients to fit your tastes. Add a little less rice and some chopped fresh veggies, or use a different kind of cheese.
Finish it off with your favorite herb and spice blend. I buy herb and spice blends here that are extremely fresh and hand mixed so they contain maximum health benefits.
You can use any kind of cooked rice for this dish, including brown rice or white rice. Are you worried about eating white rice? Find out why I eat white rice and not brown rice.
3 cups rice, cooked
5 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
your favorite herbs and spices (get it here)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease your muffin tin.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl. Add the cooked rice, cheese, and your chosen herbs and spices to the bowl and combine everything well.
- Dish out the mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
- Let stand for 5 minutes and serve.
This recipe has been featured on: Motivational Monday, Thank Goodness It’s Monday, Fat Tuesday, Tuned In Tuesday, Thank Your Body Thursday, Tasty Tradtions, Pennywise Platter, Tuesday Greens, Nomday Monday.
You Might Also Like...
Latest posts by Vanessa Pruitt (see all)
- 8 Ways to Detox Your Mind: Get Rid of Mental Clutter and Negativity - March 22, 2017
- How I Lost 60 lbs on the Keto Diet: Before and After - March 9, 2017
- Best Detox Smoothies for Weight Loss - March 8, 2017