This week, I’m sharing a family favorite in my house. We have always loved macaroni and cheese, but usually relied on the boxed version before we switched to eating a real food diet.
When we finally made the switch, one of the first things I was on the look out for was a quick and easy whole food macaroni and cheese recipe that my kids would love.
As I do with most recipes, I tweaked this one to suit our tastes.
Sometimes I’ll add in veggies or meat, usually cooking the veggies with the noodles. I also double this recipe for a family meal, and sometimes mix different cheese for different flavors.
I hope you enjoy! If you try this, let me know in the comments how it turned out.
12-16oz box of macaroni noodles (organic, whole wheat, or gluten free)
1-2 Tbsp butter
8oz shredded cheddar cheese
Approximately 1/4 cup milk
Salt and Pepper
- In a pot, boil the pasta in water until cooked to your desired softness. Drain the pasta and return it to the pan, setting the pan on a hot pad on your counter top.
- Stir in the butter until melted. Dump in milk, then cheese all at once. Stir until cheese is melted and evenly coating the macaroni. If desired, add a bit more milk for creaminess.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Do you ever make homemade macaroni and cheese?
You Might Also Like...
Latest posts by Vanessa Pruitt (see all)
- 8 Ways to Detox Your Mind: Get Rid of Mental Clutter and Negativity - March 22, 2017
- How I Lost 60 lbs on the Keto Diet: Before and After - March 9, 2017
- Best Detox Smoothies for Weight Loss - March 8, 2017