Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free
If you like making the chocolate/caramel topping yourself, the paleo samoa version is certainly a great recipe.
I thought I would simplify the cookie making process even more by just melting some gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free chocolate chips by enjoy life. These don’t have the caramel taste, but are even easier to make, with less ingredients to worry about, making them great to whip up last-minute.
2 cups almond meal/flour
½ cup shredded coconut
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup honey
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 ½ cups dairy, nut, & soy free chocolate chips (I prefer enjoylife brand)
Recommended: parchment paper
- In your blender of food processor, combine the almond meal, coconut, and baking soda. Add the wet ingredients and pulse until a dough forms. You may need to scrape the sides and pulse a few times to get all the ingredients mixed together.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (overnight is fine.)
- When you're ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, line cookie pans or sheet pans with parchment paper. Roll dough into balls – about a tablespoon at a time – and press down between your hands or on parchment paper, until you have circles that are roughly ¼ inch thick.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool. Meanwhile, in a microwave safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips for 1-2 minutes until melted, stirring occasionally.
- Drop about a teaspoon on each cookie and spread to cover the tops. Top chocolate with shredded coconut if desired. Allow to cool until chocolate is solid.
Like this recipe? +1 this post!
You Might Also Like...
Latest posts by Vanessa Pruitt (see all)
- 8 Ways to Detox Your Mind: Get Rid of Mental Clutter and Negativity - March 22, 2017
- How I Lost 60 lbs on the Keto Diet: Before and After - March 9, 2017
- Best Detox Smoothies for Weight Loss - March 8, 2017