Condiments are probably one of the hardest kinds of food to buy without additives and preservatives. Unless you have access to a natural food store or your local store has a good natural foods section, you’re not likely to have much success in your search.
Thankfully, it’s super easy to make your own condiments at home! Everything from sauces and dips, to spread, jams, jellies, and seasoning mixes.
By making your own, you can control exactly what goes into each recipe. Make your recipes with only the freshest ingredients. Infuse your recipes with fresh herbs if you feel so inclined.
A few other high quality ingredients to consider:
- Ceylon cinnamon – The cassia cinnamon commonly found in the grocery store is toxic. Find out why you should buy ceylon cinnamon instead.
- Pink Himalayan Salt – Table salt is not real salt. Find out more about why salt is good for you.
- Non-Pasteurized Almonds – In short, pasteurization and heat destroy important enzymes and vitamins.
- Chia Seeds – They are super good for you and they act as a natural thickening agent in many homemade condiment recipes.
- Homemade Ketchup by Rethink Simple
- Another Homemade Ketchup recipe by Happily Ever Crafter
- Homemade Miracle Whip from Homemade Dutch Apple Pie
- Magic Mayonnaise by Lisa’s Counter Culture
- Fermented Salsa
- Raw Almond Butter by Good Girl Gone Green
- Homemade Peanut Butter by Green Thickies
- 3 Herb Butter by Fancy Nonsense
- Dairy Free Coffee Creamer by Purposefully Simple
- Amish Hot Pepper Mustard
- Spicey Horseradish Mustard by Pickle Me Too
- Maple BBQ Sauce by Rethink Simple
- Zesty BBQ Sauce by Scratch Mommy
- GAPS Legal BBQ Sauce by Purposeful Nutrition
- Raw Tzatziki Sauce by Good Girl Gone Green
- Marinara Sauce by All Things Health
- Homemade Tomato Sauce from Scratch
- Tomato Chutney by Attainable Sustainable
- Probiotic Cranberry Chutney by Lisa’s Counter Culture
- Easy Homemade Spaghetti Sauce by Simple Clean Living
- Fermented Spaghetti Sauce by Pickle Me Too
Dressings & Dips
- Probiotic Hummus
- Pesto Hummus (grain free, dairy free, egg free) by Homemade Dutch Apple Pie
- Probiotic Ranch Dressing
- Dairy Free “Buttermilk” Ranch Dressing by Southern Test Kitchen
- Hearty Blue Cheese Salad Dressing by Thyme Square Gardens
- Creamy Dill Dressing by It’s a Love/Love Thing
- Herb Avocado Dressing
- Raw Vanilla Cashew Cream by Good Girl Gone Green
- Honey Mustard Salad Dressing by Homemade Dutch Apple Pie
- Probiotic Mint Salad Dressing by How We Flourish
- Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette by Little B Cooks
- Herb Infused French Wine Dressing by Thyme Square Gardens
- Guacamole by Southern Test Kitchen
- Taco Seasoning
- Chili Seasoning by Our Small Hours
- Onion Salt by The Prairie Homestead
- Garam Masala Spice Blend by Pickle Me Too
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend by The Rising Spoon
Jams, Jellies, & Spreads
- Cinnamon Ginger Pear Butter
- No-Cook Quick Berry Jam
- Spiced Molasses Apple Butter by Food and Hearth
- Chipotle Almond Spread by Tasty Yummies
- Italian Cheese Spread by Amazing Graze Farms
- Quick Homemade Nutella by Real Food Kosher
- Organic Blueberry Lime Jam by Daily Pea
- Tangerine Ginger Jam by Attainable Sustainable
- Kinky Nectarine Habanero Jam by Food and Hearth
- Date Paste by Green Thickies
- Chia Paste (egg substitute) by Good Girl Gone Green
- Homemade Coconut Butter by Green Thickies
- Coconut Whipped Cream by Don’t Mess With Mama
What is your favorite condiment to make?
You Might Also Like...
Latest posts by Vanessa Pruitt (see all)
- 8 Ways to Detox Your Mind: Get Rid of Mental Clutter and Negativity - March 22, 2017
- How I Lost 60 lbs on the Keto Diet: Before and After - March 9, 2017
- Best Detox Smoothies for Weight Loss - March 8, 2017