I’ve probably tried every kind of laundry soap there is in an attempt to find a balance between taking care of my sensitive skin and getting clothes actually clean.
I’ve bought organic detergents and made my own. Overall, my experience has been that if it works on dirt, it is too harsh for my skin.
So when I was asked to review Eco Nuts Soap for our June Giveaway Splash, I was skeptical – at best. An all-natural laundry soap that is hypoallergenic, organic, and doesn’t cost much?
Eco Nuts is a sponsor for our June Giveaway Splash and provided free product in exchange for this review. I was not required to write a positive review and all of the opinions expressed are my own.
My experience with Eco Nuts Soap Nuts
We received a medium box of soap nuts that comes with two cloth bags. My husband actually opened the package first and wanted to know what in the world they were.
Eco Nuts are not nuts – they are actually dried berry shells from the Soapberry tree. These shells naturally produce the soap saponin.
You simply place 4-5 of these “soap nuts” in one of the cloth bags, secure, and throw it in your wash machine with a load of dirties. When your wash is done, set the bag aside to dry. The nuts can be re-used until they begin to fall apart so you can get up to 10 loads out of each bag!
We have been using Eco Nuts exclusively for our family’s laundry for 2 months. My husband who is a fan of smelly, big name brand detergents, has been the most consistent user of Eco Nuts.
He is a military man who comes home with some pretty rank uniforms sometimes (imagine 2 weeks out in the field with 80 degree weather and 80% humidity). Add that into the fact that we have to pay a lot for heating water here in Korea so we do most of our wash in cold water.
Eco Nuts, however, gets his uniforms clean – even in cold washes. He is very pleased with how the soap nuts perform on his dirtiest stuff. His only complaint is that the bag is sometimes hard to find after the wash is through. He doesn’t like digging through wet laundry to find it. Eco Nuts even has an answer for that with their liquid detergent.
The benefits of using Eco Nuts
- Eco Nuts Soap Nuts produce a naturally occurring soap that is free of man-made chemicals.
- They are a sustainable resource – dried berry shells that have already fallen from the tree.
- Their entire packaging is biodegradable or recyclable – no plastic!
- A medium box (100 loads) is just $11.99 – that’s just 12 cents a load!
- The soap nuts act as a natural fabric softener so your clothes come out of the dryer nice and soft.
- Obviously – the biggest money saver is that Eco Nuts gets your clothes clean. They won’t smell like fresh mountain rain – they will just smell like clothes.
- For us living overseas, the small lightweight box helps us with shipping costs – and we can get them through Amazon Prime which means free shipping!
My family is completely sold on Eco Nuts. I can’t imagine going back to the harsh caustic chemicals that irritate my skin or the plastic bottles of liquid that seem to run out quickly (and cost a fortune for natural versions). I am super excited to recommend these to my friends and family.
Eco Nuts giveaway!
I’m also excited to share the laundry love because Eco Nuts has graciously offered to give one of you a medium box of soap nuts!
How to enter the giveaway:
- Leave a comment below. Why do you want to try Eco Nuts? What do you use now?
- Enter your info into the Rafflecopter widget.
- You can earn extra entries for liking, tweeting, and sharing.